How do I check if Mainchain Printing Tool is currently running?
This guide applies to you if
- Freman is unable to see any of your printers in the Printer Settings.
- You are not receiving any consignment documents (consignment note, label and dangerous goods declaration) after clicking on the [Print] button in Freman.
- You are receiving one of the error messages below in Freman.
- For Mainchain Printing Tool installed as Standard/Standalone
Check that the Mainchain Printing Tool icon, , is displayed in your system tray (bottom right corner of the screen).
What if I can't find the icon?
If the icon is not in the system tray, this indicates that the printing tool is not installed/running on your computer. You will need to get the printing tool running on your computer before you can print out your consignment documents directly.
Click on the Windows start button and type in Mainchain Printing Tool. Click on the item in the search results, this should now open and run the printing tool on your computer.
A message should confirm that the Mainchain Printing Tool is open and ready to print.
Note: If Mainchain Printing Tool doesn't appear in the search results, this indicates that the printing tool is not installed on your computer. Click here to learn how to download and install Mainchain Printing Tool onto your computer.
- For Mainchain Printing Tool installed as Service
1. Click on the Windows start button.
2. Type in Services and click on the item in the search results.
3. You'll now be presented with all the services loaded on your PC. Look for Mainchain Printing Tool service in the list and verify that the service has a status of running.
What if the service isn't running?
You can either attempt to click on [Start] which will start the Mainchain Printing Tool service again. Alternatively, restarting your computer will attempt to start the service again.
What if the service isn't listed?
If the service isn’t on the list, this indicates that the printing tool isn’t installed on your PC. You’ll need to get the printing tool installed on your computer before you can print out your consignment documents. Click here to learn how to download and install Mainchain Printing Tool onto your computer.
Published Date: August 17, 2020